Sunday, March 25, 2012

BSN Recap: Martino Montague

While attending the Beyond Sports Network NFL Scouting Combine in Akron, Ohio, I found myself watching many players from small schools get their chance to make it to the pros. A number of the players participating in the showcase weekend were from NCAA Division III schools.


One of those players, Martino Montague, was gracious enough to sit down with The Skinny On Sports and talk about his experience.


Montague played linebacker at Bridgewater College in Virginia.


Q: You are coming from a small school, what does it mean to you to be able to have gotten this opportunity?


A: "It means the world to me to be invited and be able to perform in front of scouts and with/against other top players that are coming from smalls looking for opportunity at the next level of play. I am just thankful for the opportunity to be in this position and have had  time on the field in front of potential teams and coaches, something like this can be taken away so easily, I am just blessed to have receive this opportunity, but working and praying for many more to come." 


Q: How do you feel about your performance at the combine?


A: "I feel confident about my performance. Got to take good reps at the strong safety position, which was different from the 4-2-5 will linebacker I played in college, but at the next level the size that I am and the athletic ability that I am, I am a strong safety."


Q: Will you be attending any other scouting events? (Pro Days, Combines, Showcase Games, etc.)


A: "On the 25th of March I am looking to go to the workout in Richmond for the Calgary Stampeders, I look forward and I am excited to challenge myself to only improve and impress the coaching staff of the team/organization."


Montague ran a 4.87 40-yard dash at the combine and put up 18 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. He got a number of reps in the showcase game and performed well at the safety position.

No comments:

Post a Comment