Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gorzelanny To Start for Nationals

After spending 3 weeks on the disabled list, MLB.com says that Nationals pitchers Tim Gorzelanny will start tomorrow against the Baltimore Orioles. The Nationals will go for their 3rd straight sweep and their 9th straight win. The team is currently the hottest team in baseball.

Manager Jim Riggleman will ease Gorzelanny back into the rotation. He is only expected to pitch 5-6 innings or up to 90 pitches. Riggleman is taking a passive approach at bringing back one of his aces. "Depending on how things are in the bullpen and how rested we are," said manager Jim Riggleman, "if we are fortunate to get five or six innings, 90 pitches, that would be a pretty good workload for [Gorzelanny]."


The streaking Nationals look to keep the magic alive tomorrow afternoon at 1:35. They will be going for their 3rd straight sweep and 9th straight victory.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the Nationals continue to stay hot! It would be exciting to see them make the playoffs, something that hasn’t happened since 1981 when the franchise was the Montreal Expos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While yes I do agree that the Nationals are a very hot team right now, I wouldn't say they are the hottest. Who have they played as of late? The slumping Cards, the offensiveless Padres and the always unreliable O's. They face an at-best mediocre Seattle Mariners for a three game stint. They then take on a team with relentless bats in the south side of Chi Town. After that, they take on a pretty well-balanced LA Angels. If they come back from that road trip with a winning record I will then be impressed. I'm not hating on the Nats. I just want them to prove theirselves a little more to me before I get my hometown hopes up.

    ReplyDelete